"The historical map collection has over 59,000 maps and images online. The collection includes rare 16th through 20th century North American and South American maps and other cartographic materials. Historic maps of the World, Europe, Asia, and Africa are also represented."
In the Luna Browser, you can search an online database of the collection.
The following categories are just a small selection of narrowing option for your searches.
- Aerial Photographs
- Atlas Map
- Book Map
- Case Map
- Historical Atlas
- Carte des Tribus Indiennes de l'Amerique du Nord, Albert Gallatin, 1836.
- Plate 33. Facsimile Cartography 1492-1867. Indian Tribes and Linguistic Stocks, 1650, Charles O. Paulin and John K. Wright.
- Canada. Department of Interior; Chalifour, J.E. Aborigines of Canada, Alaska and Greenland. 1915.
- Historical map of the State of Ohio. J Slater and Chas. Whittlesey, 1872.
- Ethnographisches Karte von Nord Amerika. Henry Lange, 1854.
- Map of the Country be
- National Atlas
- U.S. Public Survey
- World Atlas
- United States War Department