Friday, April 25, 2014

OSU Student Adventures in Collections: Part 4 and Part 5

Image Courtesy of the Ohio Historical Society Archaeology Blog.

Guest Blogger Lauryn Platt for the Ohio Historical Society Archaeology Blog has written a series of interesting posts (Part 2, Part 4, Part 5) about her experiences as an Anthropology student at the Ohio State University and her experiences analyzing an assemblage from the Proctorville Village Site through her laboratory class with Dr. Deanna Grimstead

"I have finished analyzing the lithics in my box of artifacts from the site in Proctorville! I honestly thought it was never going to end; there were so many bags full of shatter and flakes from the Fort Ancient people making projectile points. "
To see the full post, click here.

"While I don’t have any definite answers because I didn’t live in the time of the Fort Ancient I definitely had fun reading articles and speculating how these people would have used turtle shells and sandstone."
To see the full post, click here.

No comments: