The Ohio State University is now offering a combined BA/MA in public history, in other words it is a degree centered around "any of the ways in which academically trained historians work and engage with a wider public. Sometimes this means work in libraries, archives and museums. But public historians work in the private sector, the non-profit world and in government at the local, state and national levels."
Those Eligible Include Those Who:
- have completed, or are taking, at least 18 semester credit hours of history courses
- have completed, or are taking, History 2800
- have completed, or are taking, a 4000-level Readings in History seminar
- have a cumulative GPA in Ohio State courses of at least 3.50
Requirements for the Combined BA/MA:
- Students must fulfill all of the requirements for the History BA Major, 33 semester credit hours.
- Students will then be required to complete 30 semester credit hours of graduate coursework for the MA in addition to the coursework required for the BA.
- Up to 12 hours of graduate coursework can "overlap" and be counted simultaneously toward the requirements for the BA and MA.
Application Check List
*Note: Application Deadline for this Year has already passed*
- Cover Form
- 500 word statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- One letter of recommendation
- Completed Graduate School Online Application
- remember to fill out the Combined Degree Form
For more information contact Professor Steven Conn, email@example.com