|Magnetometry allowed for new discoveries at the Junction Group earthworks |
near the confluence of Paint Creek and the Scioto River in Ross County.
Image Courtesy of Jarrod Burks and The Columbus Dispatch.
Brad Lepper, of the Ohio History Connection Archaeology Blog, has written an interesting post comparing the Junction Group Earthworks with Stonehenge.
"So, Stonehenge and the Junction Group have something in common: our understanding of both is changing thanks to dramatic new discoveries made by remote sensing technology."
For more information,
- Archaeology: New technologies reveal hidden secrets at old archaeological sites
- Brad Lepper, The Columbus Dispatch.
- January 12, 2015.
- What are the Junction Group Earthworks?
- Heartland Earthworks Conservancy
- Junction Works Campaign
- Arc of Appalachia
- Tim Anderson Jr. Youtube Channel
- Hopewell Country and the Junction Earthworks
- Dr. Robert F. Maslowski, Appalachian History.
- April 9, 2014.
- Junction Group Earthworks Acquires New Ownership and A Promising Future
- March 27, 2014.
- Save the Junction Earthworks, 100 BC Hopewell Heartland
- March 17, 2014.
- Help Save the Junction Group Earthworks!
- March 10, 2014.