February, 1, 2015.
Sarah Hunter, at Booklist Online, has written a brief resource list to promote diversity in library collections.
"Granting awards, funding aspiring authors or publishers, and acquiring diverse books are all crucial parts of the effort to expand multicultural offerings in children’s literature, to be sure, but there are other efforts librarians can make at a local level. Simply altering the way of thinking about the audience for a book can lead to significant changes."
For more information,
- American Indians in Children's Literature Blog
- American Indian Youth Literature Award
- American Indian Library Association
- The Cooperative Children's Book Center (CCBC)
- Why Hasn't the Number of Multicultural Books Increased in Eighteen Years?
- the open book Blog, June 17, 2013.