|The prehistoric Yorktown Enclosure is hidden in this woods between Muncie and Yorktown. |
Image Courtesy of The Archaeological Conservancy.
The Archaeological Conservancy has written an exciting article about the recent preservation of an Hopewellian (100 B.C.- 400 A.D.) enclosure called the Yorktown Enclosure to create a permanent archaeological preserve.
For more information,
- Ind. circle believed to be ancient site
- Associated Press, NBC News.com, March 12, 2007.
- The Archaeological Conservancy
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources: Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology
- Earthworks Timeline
- Hopewell 100 B.C. - 400 A.D.
- The Ancient Ohio Trail
- Who Were The Hopewell?
- Archaeology Magazine, 2009.