May 24, 2016 - July 30, 2016.
What is SROP?
The Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) at Ohio State is a summer research experience designed to help historically underrepresented undergraduates explore opportunities for graduate study. Participants work with a faculty mentor within their area of study and begin to develop a collegate-mentor relationship that is crucial to success in graduate school.
The program provides research experiences across the university to eligible students and allows for a meaningful, realistic assessment of their interest in graduate study. We promote and support the student/professor relationship that is so crucial to success in graduate school and beyond. The program offers a weekly professional development workshop and a culminating research conference where students present their work to members of the university community.
- Students conduct original research under the supervision of a faculty mentor
- 2 semester credits
- Workshops on topics including research writing, financing, and applying to graduate school, presenting research, and GRE preparation
- Work one-on-one with Graduate School staff to prepare graduate applications and identify potential sources for graduate funding
- Oral and written presentations of research projects
- Earn a $3000 stipend
- Receive campus room and board
SROP Eligibility Requirements
- Students must be at least one of the following: African-American, Native American, or Latino/Hispanic, First generation or low income students
- Rising Junior or Senior
- Citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
- 3.0 or higher G.P.A.
- Interest in pursuing a Ph.D. or terminal graduate degree
SROP Application Process
- Applications available online at https://www.cic.net/students/srop/introduction beginning November 1, 2015.
- Contact Ana'Brown or Jesse Goliath via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the application process.
- The 2016 OSU SROP Experience is May 24, 2016- July 30, 2016.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, February 8, 2016.
Supplemental materials will be accepted until March 1, 2016.
Questions and Comments? Email: email@example.com .
Ohio State is a member of the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC)- a consortium of the Big Ten universities and the University of Chicago. SROP is one of several CIC cooperative programs that enrich and strengthen the educational experiences of students.