|'The Revenant' costume designer Jacqueline West. |
Image Courtesy of Thompson on Hollywood and Indiewire.
Anne Thompson, of Thompson on Hollywood and Indiewire, has written a brief article about a new scholarship opportunity "to encourage youth of Native descent to enter the world of costume design and to raise awareness of careers in the design arena from fashion to costume design for theatre and film".
"The scholarship is open to youths of Native American descent who are eligible to enter college in the fall of 2016. Applicants should send an essay of why they would like to win the scholarship along with up to five fashion/costume sketches to:
C/O Shirley Wilson Public Relations
FIDM/The Fashion Institute Of Design & Merchandising
919 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Sketches may be of fashions or costumes from any time period. All applications must be received by July 31, 2016. This fashion or costume design scholarship is valued at $35,000, including full tuition fees, books, and supplies; it does not include transportation, living expenses, or incidentals. The recipient of The Jacqueline West Scholarship will be announced in August 30, 2016 for matriculation in October 2016. The winner’s sketches and fulfillment of other requirements will be judged by a panel including West and FIDM officials."
For more information,
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM)
- The Revenant
- The 'Revenant' Costume Designer Jacqueline West Starts Scholarship for Native American Youth
- TheMarySue, February 17, 2016.
- The Man Who Saved Leonardo DiCaprio in The Revenant: Arthur RedCloud
- Indian County Today, February 12, 2016.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wins Best Actor in a Drama at the 2016 Golden Globes
- NBC Youtube, January 10, 2016.