The National Park Service has awarded 29 grants to support "the efforts of museums, Indian tribes, Alaska native villages and Native Hawaiian organizations in the documentation of NAGPRA-related objects... ant to pay for the costs associated with the return of the remains and objects to their native people".
"Projects funded by the grant program includes consultations to identify and affiliate individuals
and cultural items, training for both museum and tribal staff on NAGPRA, digitizing collection
records for consultation, consultations regarding culturally unaffiliated individuals, as well as the
preparation and transport of items back to their native people."
For more information relating the awards,
contact Sherry Hutt, National NAGPRA Program Manager,
at 202-354-1479 or email@example.com .
For more information about NAGPRA and cultural repatriation, Visit:
- National NAGPRA
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws and Regulations
- Youtube Channel
- Online Databases
- Documents and Publications
- Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act as amended (NAGPRA) PDF.
- Consultation under NAGPRA, the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act.
- February 2, 2014.
- Action to Combating Trafficking in Cultural Property- a documentary on UNESCO's and its partners' activities
- February 20, 2014.
- Cladoosby Hopes to Initiate Repatriation Discussion with France
- February 19, 2014.