|Folsom Point with bones from Bison antiquus.|
Image Courtesy of the Ohio History Connection Archaeology Blog.
Brad Lepper, of the Ohio History Connection Archaeology Blog, has written an interesting post about his recent visit to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science to view a Folsom point and its implications for North American prehistory.
"It is no exaggeration to say that these ancient bones and the elegant stone points found in direct association led to a revolution in archaeology. America wasn’t such a new world after all."
For more information about Folsom Points,
- Folsom Traditions
- University of Manitoba, Canada
- Folsom Spear Point
- American Museum of Natural History
- Folsom Projectile Point
- Illinois State Museum
- "The Folsom Phenomena As Seen From Ohio"
- Henry Clyde Shetrone
- Ohio History: The Scholarly Journal of the Ohio History Connection, Vol. 45, 240.
- Finding Clovis
- South Carolina ETV Commission, The Archaeological Channel