For the 2014 archaeology field season at Hopewell Mound Group, Dr. Bret Ruby and crew of archaeology technicians investigated and excavated the area known as the Great Circle. Geophysical data showed a curious and interesting pattern of what appeared to be posts, spaced at equal distances inside of this now obliterated circular wall enclosure...
The field season was documented with six video blog installments of a new film series titled
This Week in Hopewell Culture Archaeology. All six episodes will be available to view online or to download to your computer.
For more information,
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park
- The Ancient Ohio Trail
- Virtual Ancient Ohioans
- What is geophysical survey and how is it connected to archaeology?
- Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks
- World Heritage Ohio
- Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks UNESCO World Heritage Nomination
- UNESCO World Heritage
- National Park Service World Heritage Page
- Newly-Discovered Hopewell Mound Group Woodhenge Found to be Solstice Aligned
- July 21, 2014.