Indian Country Today, has written a brief article about the recent appointment of three new members to the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Review Committee who will represent national museum and scientific organizations.
"[U.S. Secretary of the Interior Sall] Jewell appoints members based on nominations by Indian tribes, Native Hawaiian organizations, traditional Native American religious leaders, national museum organizations and national scientific organizations, the NPS said. The committee monitors, reviews and helps implement some of NAGPRA’s requirements."
For more information,
- National NAGPRA
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws and Regulations
- Youtube Channel
- Online Databases
- Documents and Publications
- Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act as amended (NAGPRA) PDF.
- Breaking Down the Sections of NAGPRA Law
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West Blog, December 1, 2015.
- The Ancient Ohio Trail
- Native American Heritage Videos
- Native Preservation
- NAGPRA and Respect
- NAGPRA Awards $1.5 Million for Repatriation of Ancestors' Remains and Sacred Objects
- August 13, 2015.
- National Park Service Announces Grants to Help Native Americans Identify and Repatriate Human Remains, Cultural Objects
- August 27, 2014.
- Action to Combating Trafficking in Cultural Property- a documentary on UNESCO's and its partners' activities
- February 20, 2014.
- Cladoosby Hopes to Initiate Repatriation Discussion with France
- February 19, 2014.
- Consultation Under NAGPRA, the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act
- February, 12, 2014.
- Discuss Community-Based and Indigenous Archaeology With Us!
- February 3, 2014.