"The annual Independence Day Concert and Fireworks display is held annually on July 3, on the campus of The Ohio State University at Newark and Central Ohio Technical College.
The event is free and open to all, 6 PM-Dusk.
Approximately 10,000 Licking County children and families attend this fun, free, family friendly event annually. The evening’s celebration begins with popular local musical groups with all performances held at the Martha Grace Reese Amphitheater. Of course, the crowd-favorite fireworks display begins at dusk to the accompaniment of patriotic, favorite, musical selections.
The annual Independence Day Concert and Fireworks is funded by the Reese Family Foundation, The Ohio State University at Newark and Central Ohio Technical College."
Best wishes for your holiday weekend from
the Newark Earthworks Center!
- July 3rd Concert & Fireworks
- The Ohio State University at Newark
- Museum of the American Revolution
- "A Common Patriotic Spirit"
- Rep. Tom Cole (Chickasaw Nation), Indian Country Today, 2015.
- "Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?"
- Dennis Zotigh, Indian Country Today, 2014.
- Flag Songs: Honoring Sovereign Tribal Nations on Independence Day
- Indian Country Today, 2013.
- Forgotten No More: Oneidas Donate to Start a Revolutionary Museum
- Rob Capriccioso, Indian Country Today, 2012.