"provides educators and students with new perspectives on Native American history and cultures. Most Americans have only been exposed to part of the story, as told from a single perspective through the lenses of popular media and textbooks. NK360° provides educational materials and teacher training that incorporate Native narratives, more comprehensive histories, and accurate information to enlighten and inform teaching and learning about Native America. NK360° challenges common assumptions about Native peoples—their cultures, their roles in United States and world history, and their contributions to the arts, sciences, and literature. NK360° offers a view that includes not only the past but also the richness and vibrancy of Native peoples and cultures today."
- American Indian Cultures
- Time, Continuity, and Change
- People, Places, and Environments
- Individual Development and Identity
- Individuals, Groups, and Institutions
- Power, Authority, and Governance
- Production, Distribution and Consumption
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Global Connections
- Civic Ideals and Practices
- Organize by Subject, Nation, Grade, Language, Region, Format, or
- Keyword Search
- American Indian Removal: What Does It Mean to Remove a People?
- American Indian Perspectives on Thanksgiving
- American Indian Responses to Environmental Challenges
- Living Maya Time
Professional Development for Teachers"goal is to build a nationwide network of master teachers, trainers, and advocates for improved teaching and learning about American Indians. The NMAI is currently developing online and in-person platforms for professional development...."
National Advocacy and Partnerships