|Principal Chief Wilma Mankiller, The Cherokee Nation.|
Image Courtesy of Native News Online.net.
Principal Chief Bill John Baker of the Cherokee Nation, on Native News Online.net, has written a thoughtful and reflective article about strong women within the Cherokee Nation and a few examples of current leaders.
"Historically, the Cherokee Nation is a matrilineal society so we have always looked to strong women for guidance and leadership. As we celebrate Women’s History Month, this fact is as true today as ever."
For more information,
- The Cherokee Nation
- Cherokee Nation Foundation's Program will Increase Access to Higher Education
- Principal Chief Bill John Baker, Native News Online.net, March 28, 2016.
- Video: Cherokee Women and Their Roles in the American Civil War
- Indian Country Today, March 2016.
- Forest Reveal Lingering Effects of Native Cultures
- April 27, 2016.
- Meet Native America: Bill John Baker, Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation
- April 20, 2015.
- Meet Native America: Cara Cowan Watts, Cherokee Nation Tribal Council
- March 19, 2015.
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Cherokee Nation
- February 5, 2015.
- Adobe Typekit Introduces Cherokee Font
- August 18, 2014.
- Oklahoma Historical Society American Indian Records
- August 5, 2014.
- Public Broadcasting Station
- April 1, 2014.