|Serpent Mound, Ohio. |
Image Courtesy of Tim Black.
If you wish to attend an event in Ohio planned for the summer solstice
[June 20, 2016], feel free to check out our
American Indian Events Calendar.
** For more information about Historic Nations of Ohio, click here.
For more information,
- Native Skywatchers-Earth Sky Connections
- Star Maps
- Ojibwe Sky Star Map
- Ojibwe Constellation Guidebook
- D(L)akota Star Map
- D(L)akota Constellation Guidebook
- Heartland Earthworks Conservancy
- Ancient Ohio Trail
- High Bank Works
- National Park Service
- SunWatch Indian Village/Archaeological Park
- UNESCO World Heritage
- Portal to the Heritage of Astronomy
- What is astronomical heritage?
- Serpent Mound Tentative Nomination
- Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks Tentative Nomination
- Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks Links Page
- National Museum of the American Indian
- Circle of Dance Online Exhibit
- Living Maya Time: Sun, Corn, and the Calendar Online Exhibit
- The Great Inka Road: the Cosmological Alignment of Buildings
- The Great Inka Road: Three Levels of the Inka Universe at Saqsaywaman
- The Living Road, a Short Story in Three Parts
- Produced for the exhibition "The Great Inka Road: Engineering an Empire"
- Star Stories
- The Solstice Project
- Ziibiwing Cultural Center
- Noongwa e-Anishinaabemjig
- Chimney Rock National Monument, Colorado
- Chaco Canyon
- National Weather Service
- The Seasons, the Equinox, and the Solstices
- refers to 'movement' of the Sun
- Ojibwe Cosmos: Mercury in Retrograde, Earthly Stardust and Intricate Stellar Maps
- April 25, 2016.
- First Day of Spring Marked with Sun Daggers, Light Snakes
- April 22, 2016.
- It's the winter solstice! 10 Things to Know about Sunwatch
- December 21, 2015.
- Celestial Timekeeping
- April 8, 2015.
- Alligators and Groundhogs
- March 18, 2015.
- Newly-Discovered Hopewell Mound Group Woodhenge Found to be Solstice Aligned
- July 21, 2014.